ZCSPC MONITORING AND EVALUATION SYSTEM
FOR PROGRAMS, PROJECTS AND ACTIVITIES
The College Monitoring and Evaluation System for Programs, Projects and Activities is hereby established to guide the monitoring, reporting and evaluation of programs, projects and activities undertaken by various departments/institute and units of the College, thereby ensure the attainment of institutional goals and objectives.
COMPOSITION OF THE COLLEGE MONITORING AND EVALUATION COMMITTEE (CMEC)
For this purpose, a College Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (CMEC) shall be created to be composed of the following:
Vice Chairs: Vice-President for Academic Affairs and
Concurrent Vice-President for Administration and Finance
(for instruction and general support services)
Vice-President for Research and Extension
(for research and extension services)
Members: Supervising Administrative Officer
Human Resource Management Officer IVPlanning Officer
FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COLLEGE MONITORING AND EVALUATION COMMITTEE (CMEC):
Following are the functions, duties and responsibilities of those who compose the College Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (CMEC):
- 1. Formulate the monitoring system, policies and procedures and implement the same at the College level;
- 2. Regularly evaluate the implementation programs, projects and activities based on monitoring reports submitted, vis-à-vis the long and short-range plans submitted by various departments/institute and units of the College;
- 3. Recommend corrective measures when targets are not met;
- 4. Recognize and affirm good practices; and
- 5. Inform all departments and offices about the results of its monitoring and evaluation.
COMPOSITION OF THE DEPARTMENT MONITORING AND EVALUATION COMMITTEE (DMEC)
A Department Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (CMEC) shall be created in each department/institute to be composed of the following:
Dean/Director of Department/Institute – Chair
Associate Dean- Vice Chair
Department Research Coordinator-Member
Department Extension Coordinator-Member
FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT MONITORING AND EVALUATION COMMITTEE (DMEC)
- 1. Implement the College Monitoring and Evaluation System in their respective departments/institute or unit;
- 2. Monitor and evaluate the conduct of instruction, research, extension, trainings and other activities undertaken by faculty members and report the same to the CMEC in prescribed forms;
- 3. Ensure that the suggestions and recommendations made by the CMEC on the accomplishment reports submitted, are acted upon at most within 15 days after receipt thereof, or earlier, if necessary; and
- 4. Recommend to the CMEC ways to improve the monitoring system.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURE:
The Monitoring and Evaluation System of the College shall adhere to the policies and procedure prescribed hereunder:
PHASE I: INTRODUCTION AND ORIENTATION ON THE COLLEGE MONITORING AND EVALUATION SYSTEM
- 1. The CMEC shall establish the monitoring policies, system and procedure and device the reporting forms;
- 2. The CMEC shall cause the reproduction and distribution of the forms to all concerned together with the corresponding instructions and accompanying memorandum; and
- 3. The CMEC shall orient and/or re-orient the different departments and offices on the College Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation System – how to accomplish the reporting forms, what documents to attach, and other related matters.
PHASE II: PREPARATION OF QUARTERLY REPORTS
- 1. Before the appointed date, the CMEC shall remind the different departments and offices on the submission of the quarterly monitoring report;
- 2. Departments and units shall be required to attach to the quarterly reporting forms, evidences of accomplishments like certificates of attendance, delivery receipts, memorandum receipts, minutes of meeting, photos, videos, documentation, activity accomplishment reports, memorandum of agreement, and other documents to substantiate their reports;
- 3. The departments and units shall include in their reports a narrative portion to explanation and justify slippages and or positive variances in their accomplishments;
- 4. The departments and units shall submit their quarterly reports to the President who is the chair of the CMEC, every 10th day of the first month of the succeeding quarter. If the 10th day falls on a week-end, deadline for submission shall be on the working day immediately succeeding; and
- 5. The departments and units shall submit their reports in hard and soft copies and in prescribed forms. Two hard copies shall be printed, one for submission to the CMEC and the other will be the department’s/unit’s copy duly stamped received. The soft copy shall be submitted thru email address: email@example.com
PHASE III: EVALUATION OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS PER QUARTERLY REPORTS SUBMITTED
- 1. The CMEC shall meet every quarter to evaluate the accomplishments reported by the different departments and units based on performance indicators;
- 2. The CMEC shall consider a program, project or activity completed or done only when the terminal and monitoring report forms have been submitted with the necessary supporting documents. In the case of research programs, projects or studies, the same shall be considered completed if the completed research study has been submitted together with the terminal report;
- 3. The CMEC shall commend the noteworthy and innovative practices and interventions of individual employees as well as of departments and offices which have contributed to the attainment of College goals and objectives;
- 4. Slippages or targets which have not been accomplished for a particular quarter shall be carried over or added to the target of the succeeding quarter; and
- 5. Department/offices are encouraged to cite push factors that helped them achieve their goals or pull factors in cases where goals were not met.
PHASE IV: SUBMISSION OF ANNUAL REPORTS
- 1. Annual reports shall be submitted on or before the 15th of December of the reporting year in forms prescribed herein. If the 15th day falls on a week-end, deadline for submission will be on the weekday immediately succeeding;
- 2. A month before the deadline for the submission of the annual report, all departments/institutes/offices will be reminded to prepare the same;
- 3. Departments and offices will be required to attach to the annual reporting forms, evidences of accomplishments which have not been submitted with the quarterly reports, like certificates of attendance, delivery receipts, memorandum receipts, minutes of meeting, photos, compilations, activity accomplishment reports and the like to substantiate their claims, in photo copies;
- 4. The departments and offices shall submit their reports in hard and soft copies and in the prescribed format and forms.
NOTE: This Monitoring and Evaluation System shall be revisited and modified whenever necessary to make the policies and procedures stipulated herein, responsive to the needs of the institution and the different departments and offices that make use of it.