COLLEGE OF ARTS, HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES
Jocelyn P. Remoto
Lizbeth G. Ringor
Alexander S. Ibni (BS DevCom)
Fatima Shallemar D. Tahil (BFA)
Bachelor of Science in Development Communication
Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Develop creativity, critical self-awareness, and self-motivation
- Respond to local and global needs in terms of information, media and technology skills.
- Apply the ability to think with a sense of ethical purpose in the practice of the profession.
- Possess mastery in advance learning, knowledge and competence in the field of Fine Arts.
- Create love for knowledge and humanity.
- Instill awareness of the fundamental value of creation and the importance of inter-relatedness between form and function; materials, process, idea and expression.
- Carry out skills in planning and organization.
- Demonstrate inter and intra-personal relationship skill.
- Generate and disseminate innovative skills.
- Show perseverance in pursuing goals and continuous improvement.
- Initiate teamwork and collaborative skills.
- Exhibit effective oral and written communication skills.
- Foster sense of nationalism arising from the realization of the role of art and artists in the nation’s historical and cultural development.
- Exhibit a strong sense of responsibility who are rooted in the community involvement and equipped with a global perspective.
- Identify his role as an agent of social change.
To attain the mission, vision and goal of the Zamboanga City State Polytechnic College, the College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences aims to accomplish the following objectives;
- Provide focus and continuous improvements of academic instruction in general education courses such as: languages, social sciences, natural sciences and mathematics as tool subjects to support the technology courses of all College curricula;
- Develop students skills and knowledge along general education at par with technological knowledge and skills to support the international competitiveness of labor force;
- Develop curricular programs in other sciences supportive to technology and are responsive to the technological needs of the changing times;
- Provide learning opportunities to students in order to increase and develop their knowledge , communication skills (both oral and written), critical thinking and creativity, problem solving abilities, positive values and deepen their understanding of themselves, society and their environment; and
- Provide strong liberal arts foundation for all curricular programs through the general education core subjects defining what it means to be a well-rounded person.